Brooklyn four shaft loom - Ashford
Ideal for beginners in weaving!
This loom has been designed to be an economic stepping-stone for rigid heddle weavers who are ready to expand their weaving skills and explore the wonderful world of multi-shaft weaving.
The Brooklyn loom has been designed to be the ideal classroom loom. It makes weaving multi-shaft patterns simple and easy, providing new and experienced weavers with all the features they need to weave amazing fabric.
• Large beam to beam depth of 73cm the same as all our table looms.
• Smooth, quiet overhead beater with auto bounce-back for even beating at the fell.
• Generous rising shed.
• Smooth action levers for light and easy pattern changes.
• Texsolv cord lifts shafts evenly from both sides through frictionless nylon loom cord guides and allows easy shaft height adjustment.
• Beater will accept over width reeds and can be locked for warping.
• Rubber feet to keep your loom from moving when weaving.
• The loom is made using strong beech hardwood with ply sides that combine to make the Brooklyn Four Shaft Loom robust, light and easy to move. Weight 7,5 kg.
• Quick and easy to assemble.
• Choose to leave natural or finish with Ashford Finishing Wax Polish, oil, lacquer or decorate to your preference.
• The kit includes:
- 320 Texsolv 22cm (8 1⁄2") heddles are supplied giving 80 heddles per shaft, enough for a balanced 20epi weave.
- 1 stainless steel 10dpi reed.
- Strong 40 teeth nylon ratchets, handles and clicker pawls allow comfortable warp tension and control.
- 2 stick shuttles, 5 cross/warp sticks, 10 cardboard warp separating sticks, threading hook and a full step-by-step colour assembly, warping and weaving instruction booklet.
Optional: Raddle kit 40 cm, warping frame, additional stainless steel reeds (height 12.5 cm), additional shuttles, additional Texsolv heddles (220 mm), etc.
Note: This loom is intended to be placed on a table. Ashford does not manufacture a stand for the Brooklyn loom.
|Country of Manufacture||New Zealand|