Country Spinner 2 spinning wheel - Ashford
Spin big and fancy yarns.
Originally inspired by the Cowichan Indians on Vancouver Island spinning their thick chunky yarn, it was released in 1980 as the Indian Spinner. Over time it has morphed into the Country Spinner & in 1999 was converted to double treadle.
The NEW Country Spinner 2 with many new features including a 3 speed bobbin that allow the spinner freedom to spin an even wider range of bulky yarns.
This is a specialist wheel designed to spin extra bulky yarn used in rug weaving and chunky knitting or for plying bulk quantities. The orifice is extra-large. The ball bearings and double treadle allows for an easy start and treadling. The slow drive ratios and sensitive leather flyer brake system are ideal for creating unique novelty yarns.
- New 3 speed bobbin with easy 3, 4 & 5:1 ratios and capacity of up to 1kg 2.2lb.
- New polyurethane con-rod joints for smooth heal & toe treadling.
- Wider spaced treadle boards.
- Arched rails and factory assembled sides are easily assembled with bolts and barrel nuts.
- New maintenance free Polyurethane hinges for smooth & effortless treadling.
- Soft leather brake band and sensitive tension adjustment.
- Huge 27mm - 1 1/16” flyer orifice for really thick yarns.
- Provision for plying from 2 bobbins.
- New nylon universal bearings for the con rod.
1 three spread country spinner bobbin
Learn to spin booklet
Built in Lazy Kate
|Country of Manufacture
|3, 4, 5:1